Pages

Followers

Monday 13 May 2013

Using Brushes in PSPX

Using Brushes in PSPX


By Dragons Lair Designs Sept 7th 2004 – Any Similarity to any other
Tutorial is coincidental, DO NOT DISTRIBUTE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION
If you would like to use any tutorial please
ask me first.

Ok Brushes what have I heard from peeps “Scary, Too hard” LOL Rubbish
have a go at this and you will see how easy they are

Ok lets Get started I am going to create a 8 x 8 Paper in this tutorial
So you can see the effect

Open a new transparent Image 2400 x 2400

Start by choosing your background Colour and flood your image

Choose your Brush, the arrow shows you where your selection is click the arrow
at the side of the leaf for your full list, once you have chosen one adjust the
size, mine is a small brush so i am taking it up to its fullest of 500px



Create a New layer

Now choose the Colour you want your brush to paint and click away
creating the pattern you want, if you make a mistake just go back Control & Z

This is my Initial Page but i am now going to add more brushes to create a paper
Create each new brush on a new layer then you can adjust them if needed.


Ok here we are you will see i have used three different brushes to create this paper
with varies layer styles, have a play and see what you come up with the layers
can change things totally.


Right lets give this paper some texture and get ready to save it :) 

Layers - Merge - Merge Visable 

Adjust - Add/Remove Noise - Add Noise 
My settings are Random - 50% - Monochrome Ticked 
But play around see what you like best 

Add some texture - Effects - Texture - Texture 
Choose a texture you can see my settings below



Ok now save & name your paper and you are done 




Play and have fun you will come up with some fantastic results.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial if you need any help or have any questions please feel 
free to contact me and I will help you as much as I can.

2 comments: